Hi

I'm currently working on understanding the twister.logger scheme with the purpose of getting proper logging in my end-user application.

https://gist.github.com/sveinse/041c69b6bbdde83cf5b00fecae3dcd50

It took me a while to get my head around the difference in using
twisted.logger.globalLogBeginner.beginLoggingTo() vs using twisted.logger.globalLogPublisher.addObserver(). Neither of the methods behave precisely as I'd like them to. See https://gist.github.com/sveinse/041c69b6bbdde83cf5b00fecae3dcd50#file-log-py-L99

1)
What are the intended difference between these two ways of installing a logobserver?

2)
I'd like to contribute a SyslogObserver for the new twister.logger scheme. See the _syslog.py file in the gist. It has been ported from the old logging scheme. Would this be useful to Twisted?

I was uncertain what to do with log_failures in the observer. I see that dumping of log_failures has been removed from t.l.FileLogObserver(). What is the appropriate way to deal with log_failures?

In the proposal of SyslogObserver I addded a dumpTraceback option to the constructor to select if the tb should go to the syslog or not. (My application shall have tb to syslog.)

Best regards,
Svein