On 14/11/2018 13:41, exvito here wrote:

Chris,

I played with this for a bit and quickly reproduced the "server side disconnect
never seems to happen" behaviour you described, on my system running macOS 10.12.6
and Twisted 18.9.0 using the SelectReactor.

Suspecting of an eventual race condition between "server stop listen" and "server
disconnect", I tried this variation of tearDown which seems to work reliably:

     @defer.inlineCallbacks
     def tearDown(self):
         self.clientConnection.disconnect()
         yield defer.gatherResults([self.clientDisconnected,
self.serverDisconnected])
         yield defer.maybeDeferred(self.serverPort.stopListening)

Do I have any motive to suspect such race condition? No, but after ensuring
"disconnect first, stop listening later", things work much better here.

Also tested the CFReactor and KQueueReactor: CFReactor seems to exhibit a
similar behaviour (original code hangs every now and then on cleanup, my code
works); KQueueReactor always hangs on cleanup with the original code, and works
reliably with my code.

Thanks, this has worked flawlessly!

cheers,

Chris