On 16/05/2020 06:56, Glyph wrote:

On May 15, 2020, at 8:40 PM, Craig Rodrigues <rodr...@crodrigues.org <mailto:rodr...@crodrigues.org>> wrote:

Maybe it would be OK to do one more release of Twisted and announce that as the last release supporting Python 3.5, before
dropping support?

Yeah; whenever we drop a Python version we should always support at least one more release, so that people have some notice before they lose access to the next set of security updates.

Any 3.5 users on this list who would want to postpone it longer than this?

Sadly we have an important customer whose servers run debian oldstable, which means we need to stay compatible with 3.5 until we can persuade them to upgrade, and it's taken a couple of years to get them off python 2.7...

I'm not sure that should necessarily affect your plans, but I doubt we're alone in this situation.