> On Oct 2, 2020, at 11:35 PM, Glyph <gl...@twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
>
> Right now, I'm dealing with a minor issue where our "plan" (which, again,
> Mailgun has generously given us for free) no longer includes the ability to
> process incoming email... so, for example, this email is only reaching you
> because the pre-existing inbound routes are grandfathered in, and continue to
> work (whew!); however, I can no longer add new @twistedmatrix.com email
> addresses nor change the configuration of existing ones.
>
> Now, for this particular issue I've opened a ticket with Mailgun and
> hopefully they'll be kind enough to extend their support to us yet again, but
> in the longer term, it feels like we might want to go back to hosting our own
> thing; ideally a thing that allows us to dogfood Twisted and maybe learn
> interesting things about our SMTP support.

Update: the severity on this issue is back down to "low", as Mailgun's
excellent support has re-enabled our inbound email processing for the
forseeable future.  Thanks Mailgun!

Even so, though, I think it would be helpful to build a thing like what I
described to dogfood our email code in a more realistic environment once again.

-g