I'm not entirely following the question (is the log output intermixed with
other data on stdout?) but I think that you might find the implementation of
twisted.internet.endpoints.ProcessEndpoint a useful example. It relays stderr
to the logging stream:
https://github.com/twisted/twisted/blob/c8064075a207af1fc9ce19d8f885a986bc5ab00c/src/twisted/internet/endpoints.py#L336-L479

---Tom