I'm sitting down with @mzsanford this week to spec out what we're
calling the "API Service" internally, the next version of the Twitter
API.  We're going to have a number of questions that we want your
feedback on, and this is the first.

Currently, the URL to which you POST to update a user's status is this:

  http://twitter.com/statuses/update.format

This breaks RESTful conventions and is generally a bit ugly.  We're
considering one of the following, either:

  POST http://api.twitter.com/1/statuses.xml

... or:

  POST http://api.twitter.com/1/users/bob/statuses.xml

The difference is all in RESTful semantics.  In the first case, you're
POSTing a new status to the universal collection of statuses.  In the
second case, you're POSTing a new status to user bob's collection of
statuses.

Which do you all prefer and why?  Alternatives welcome.

--
Alex Payne - API Lead, Twitter, Inc.
http://twitter.com/al3x