Right now those "modifier" parameters are a bit of a mess, and may or
may not work in tandem.  Pick one or the other in the meantime, or
request the whole thing and filter client-side.  Our caching is such
that getting the entire response shouldn't be that slow, although I'd
understand wanting to cut down the response size for low-bandwidth
connections.

--
Alex Payne - API Lead, Twitter, Inc.
http://twitter.com/al3x