Alex Payne wrote:
> Hope that helps.  Long story short, we've been punting on OAuth to try
> to minimize duplication of labor as we transition to some new
> technologies, but we're willing to be pragmatic if the libraries have
> improved.

Ugh.  If the available OAuth implementations (libraries) suck, and
you're not interested in writing your own implementation from scratch,
then don't do OAuth - just generate a "Twitter API key" (think: random
128-bit string) and store it.  Let folks authenticate to the API with
either their password OR their Twitter API key.  Provide a small area in
the Settings pages to view/generate a new API key.

This at least gets us away from users handing out their login
credentials which is 90% of the issue and shouldn't require "a library"
to implement.

--
Dossy Shiobara              | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://dossy.org/