On Dec 4, 8:32 pm, "Chad Etzel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Not really an elegant solution/implementation, but I could imagine that the
> database query needed to the equivalent on the back-end servers would not
> exactly be trivial either.

Yeah.
I imagine the search functionality is actually done using lucene, and
some sort of facets?

Or at least it'd make sense given the nature of the search,
and the fact that the query language looks like lucene syntax.

Not that I've worked with such big fulltext searching,
but our search of 30,000 jobs is incredibly slow once you start adding
criteria (especially range queries).

With twitters one billion messages I'm sure the game changes quite a
lot.