@Twittergator

You do not necessary need a programming language to play around with
the api.

Sure, if you really want to do stuff, you need the api, but simpler
stuff is possible
with command line tools like wget and Excel (excel does reads rss once
you get
the idea)

The problem  is that people with no skills are a hassle without
knowing it -
so please dont give them ideas or at least the right ideas. ;)

Example: Although it is not directly written, just seeing this entry
http://apiwiki.twitter.com/REST+API+Documentation#followers
in the doc you should be able to see yourself that you can request the
follower lists
of other users if you just combine the settings of this entry.

So let's rephrase the question:
Do you want people to be able to 'do' something with their data and
make some small
mashup or do you want them to be able to do a bigger twitter app? The
first is doable
without programming skills, the second is not and should not be tried.

Stuart
> They are aware that you guys are about to change it all right??

But it is so much fun when you write a book and they change in the
middle
so you can redo everything. ;) i had to redo all my screenshots due to
the
redesign of the interface, thankfully not as much impact as the api
changes. ;)

> > O'Reilly has the "rough cut" of their book on the Twitter API
> > available:http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596157791/.

thanks did not know that

Nicole

--
Suche Beta-Tester für Experiment:
"Journalisten suchen Blogger" - http://bloxpert.de/

Kontakt:
http://twitter.com/NicoleSimon // http://mit140zeichen.de/
http://crueltobekind.org // http://beissholz.de

skype: nicole.simon / mailto:nee...@gmail.com
phone: +49 451 899 75 03 / mobile: +49 179 499 7076