When twitter finally supports oauth what user autentication system
will they use? With our application we will remove the need for
username/password but that means users will need to still login to our
service for authentication.

Of course we could use Google Friend Connect or JanRain's RPXonline to
authenticate users but then we would have to map this user account to
the users twitter account via oauth. But it seems a missed opportunity
to me.

www.twitter.com/username is a RESTful address that could be an openid
endpoint.  The profile could support SREG. Twitter connect could be a
third party authentication service for 3rd party twitter developer
apps.

The two are not linked oauth on its own will be great but openid
(twitter connect) and oauth would be better.

What do you think?