Since you get user objects 100 at a time, you would have to query
about an unreasonable number of users for this to be a problem imho.

Lextweet.com follows about 700 lawyers.  This may grow to 2000.  20
API calls an hour is a problem for the API?  I doubt it.  If it is,
though, I'd be more than happy to reduce the frequency.

On Jan 7, 2009, at 1:45 AM, Stuart wrote:

> 2009/1/7 Patrick Minton <patr...@lexblog.com>:
>> Yes, but once you have the url, why store the actual .png locally?
>> Sure, if a user changes their profile image you may have a broken
>> link, but
>> you can update profile info every hour or so, thus making it a non-
>> issue.
>
> I don't think Twitter would see it as a non-issue if your service has
> more than a few users and you start requesting their details every
> hour. A better option is to attempt to download their avatar and only
> request their profile and update it if you get a 404.
>
> -Stuart
>
> --
> http://stut.net/

Patrick Minton