I didn't realize earlier you asked what it does so let me explain the
pagination functionality. Let's say you have 401 messages from friends
in your timeline. As per the API you can only get 200 statuses back
with each request.

So if you make a request with page=1&count=200 you will get the first
200 statuses from your friends_timeline
If you make another request with page=2&count=200 you will get
statuses number 201-400 from your friends_timeline
If you then make a final request to page=3&count=200 you will get the
final (number 401) status from the timeline.

When you receive less statuses than you requested you know you are on
your last page.