The update_profile method allows you to set the email address
associated with the account. I have been able to do this freely, even
when using an email address I know to be fake or already in use.

Is there any verification done on the Twitter end to attempt to
prevent this (if so, it doesn't seem to be working)? Or is this an
indication that I could use my same main email address for multiple
accounts?

I assume this is a bug with the new method, as the Twitter web site
won't let me make that change to an email already in use.

Kevin