2009/2/4 Gustavo Melo <pipoc...@gmail.com>:
> We need to understand how OAuth will affect ours app's...
> Twitter authentication with username and password will totaly stop work?
> How many days we will have to change our app's?
> And for me the most important question is,  "OAuth before copmleted
> authentication for user, return to my app some <Token Auth>"... This Token
> had some time o live right? What time is it? One day? One Week? One Month?
> This is really important for my app that was based on MO/SMS ! Once the user
> made the full process to authentication, i think will be better for us
> (developers) to receive a token with bigger time of life!

I don't speak for Twitter but from what I've heard so far...

Basic auth will continue to work for about 6 months so you'll have
plenty of time to change your apps to work with OAuth.

I would hope that OAuth tokens will last forever as they do with
Flickr for example. If not then it's going to be annoying for both
users and developers. Nobody has ever suggested they'll be time
limited.

-Stuart

--
http://stut.net/