Does anyone else see the friends_timeline not working as expected?

I have 5 tweets total (toucancrm) ,  3 of which are replies.

When I go to my home page on the web, I only see the non-replies, and the
latest post (3 tweets).

When I use the API to retrieve friends_timeline, I only get 2 tweets, the
non replies. Shouldn't I see that same 3 updates with the API as I do on the
home page? The API says:

Returns the 20 most recent statuses posted by the authenticating user and
that user's friends. This is the equivalent of /home on the Web.

But mine doesn't sync up.

I also really don't understand why my home page shows 3 updates, which
twitter.com/toucancrm shows 5. Why don't the @replies show up when you click
the link for home?

Thanks for any help clearing this up!

Toucan