A possible solution is to add a method to the API that lets
applications register their IP with Twitter. IPs could be run through
the list before Twitter blacklists them and contact the Twitter
account holder that authenticated when registering the IP. Application
could check once a day to see if their IP has changed and if so update
the IP registered with Twitter.

--
Abraham Williams | http://the.hackerconundrum.com
Web608 | Community Evangelist | http://web608.org