I am not familiar with the .NET library (or coding in .net for that
matter), but I know several people have been able to get
verify_credentials with a GET using the PHP OAuth lib and Abraham's
great twitter OAuth wrapper lib.

>From his email:
   Live example: http://twitter.abrah.am

This will "OAuth you in" and display the results of verifiy_credentials.

Hopefully someone else with .NET experience on this list will be able
to help more..
-Chad