Hi Karl,

    That sounds like bug, please open an issue at
http://code.google.com/p/twitter-api/issues/list

Thanks;
  — Matt Sanford

On Feb 14, 2009, at 04:55 PM, Karl Adam wrote:

It seems that twitter incorrectly handles the oauth_callback parameter
when it's a custom URI. While testing MPOAuth with the API I noticed
that when it tried to use my custom URI handler it would incorrectly
append the callback URL relative to the twitter domain rather than as
a URL on its own.

The sequence is as follows: C for Consumer, U for User, P for
Producer
C1. Get Request Token
C2. Send Request Token and custom callback to user auth page
<NSMutableURLRequest
http://twitter.com/oauth/authorize?oauth_token=i6DUgOA9CHyDyidtVezmsUgy6oS9VLXOA9NUmNceO4&oauth_callback=x-com-mpoauth-mobile%3A%2F%2Fsuccess >
U1. Provide Credentials and hit allow
FORM submit to <NSMutableURLRequest http://twitter.com/oauth/ authorize> P: Load page at <NSMutableURLRequest http://twitter.com/oauth/authorize >
P: Redirect page to <NSMutableURLRequest
http://twitter.comx-com-mpoauth-mobile://success? oauth_token=i6DUgOA9CHyDyidtVezmsUgy6oS9VLXOA9NUmNceO4>

I'm not sure why the server tried to redirect to that page, but that
is a valid URI so I can't see why it'd append it that way.

_Karl