Hey @al3x et. al.,

What's the official stance towards oAuth and desktop apps: will all
apps, *including desktop apps*  be required to implement oAuth?

I'm asking 'cos of the old usability chestnut.

And, at which point do you actually begin to trust an app that you've
installed onto your system with all sorts of other rights like
deleting files off of your machine or sending info from your machine
to the Net. At which point does user beware come into it?

The real benefit of oAuth, as I see it; being able to revoke access,
is as simple as uninstalling the app. Then again, of course, the app
could send your details to a site. But, again, this is a desktop app
you've installed -- if it's that malicious, it could be doing all
sorts of trojany things that are far worse.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Aral