I second this, it would be useful.  Although, if you are requesting
info for that user, Twitter should be returning that the user no
longer exists, and your app should remove them.

Your solution would be good for bulk cleans, but incremental would
probably be more efficient.

So while it would be useful, I'm not sure its required.  I'll vote 1/2
of a +1, as it would be nice to have available, but here are more
important things.

Maybe you should add it to their API feature request site?