Great tip! This should become a great thread with cURL tips.

Below shows how to send POST data (note the -d flag):

curl -u username:password -d status="Updating with cURL"
http://twitter.com/statuses/update.xml

You can also send GET requests:

curl -u username:password http://twitter.com/statuses/friends_timeline.xml

What else does the community have to offer when it comes to our
favorite API unit test framework :)

Doug Williams
Twitter API Developer Support
http://twitter.com/dougw