Preston,
You have all of the follower data that you need from the API. Any follower
data you can get from screen scraping is already exposed by the API. As
Bruce indicated, the Social Graph APIs are a great place to start. If you
give a more specific description of your needs, we can better guide you with
implementation suggestions.

Lastly, please don't screen scrape our site. We provide an API to ensure
that everyone has efficient access to Twitter's data. Screen scraping is
viewed as abuse will promptly be blocked.

Thanks,
Doug Williams
Twitter API Support
http://twitter.com/dougw