My application caches the user's timelines locally, fetching only new
items using the since_id parameter (so it can be "nice" to twitter's
servers).

However, I'm getting some complaints from users who delete items using
the website.  The items remain in my application's cache.  Of course
it seems perfectly logical to me.  If they clear their cache, the full
list is fetched again and the deleted items are gone.

Anyone have any ideas on a better way to handle this situation?  Is
there some way to fetch a list of "deleted" status ids?