2009/3/26 Adam N <arocki...@gmail.com>:

> The problem is that we're already getting tens of thousands of
> requests a day through this thing and if we use the API, that
> increases our compute/bandwidth/development overhead tremendously.
>
> In addition, and just as importantly, is there a demo template to take
> the API data and template it so it looks just like the actual Twitter
> page (including the profile_image, etc...)?
>
> As for the curl comment, you're right.  My point was that it's not
> like the iframe exploit that Twitter prevents shows the twitter.com
> host either.
>
> http://shiflett.org/blog/2009/feb/twitter-dont-click-exploit

I can't think of a single legitimate reason why you'd want to
duplicate the Twitter website that would add any great value to the
user. At least not any more than implementing your own design instead.

Also, if you're hitting the API limit the best course of action is to
talk to Twitter rather than trying to find ways to get around it. Work
with them or it won't work at all.

-Stuart

--
http://stut.net/projects/twitter/