When my application had OAuth I was doing all of the requests using OAuth in the headers and it worked fine... Perhaps you are experiencing a transient issues. If you have never been able to make a protected resource request there may be an error in your implementation.

Dimebrain wrote:
Just out of curiousity are you supporting the Authorization header
form of OAuth when making protected resource requests? I know they
work for tokens, but wondered if a call to verify_credentials for
instance needed to use parameters or if it could continue to use the
Authorization header?