On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 7:33 PM, Jim <mccoy....@gmail.com> wrote:
> This presupposes that the followed accounts would be dedicated, i.e.
> set up solely for the purpose of twittering to the main account about
> the topic.
>
> Is this sort of thing allowed on Twitter?  Are there tools to help, or
> is there a straightforward solution without tools?

I'm not understanding what you are trying to accomplish.  Can you
describe some scenario where this would be triggered?  What problem
are you trying to solve?

Are you talking about RT'ing these *to* some account as an @reply or
RT'ing one Twitter user from a series of "bots"?

Because the former seems like you'd be better off saving an RSS feed
of a specific search term, and the latter seems like (at the least) a
bad idea, and (at the most) a possible TOS violation (I'm speculating,
I haven't looked at the TOS that closely).

It's hard to know what to suggest (even "don't do that") without a
more clear understanding of what you are trying to do.

THAT SAID: I don't know of any way to do this with the API anyway,
even for the various ideas of what I think you might mean.

TjL