On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 11:41 PM, Damon Clinkscales <sca...@pobox.com>wrote:

> > How often does this cache update? I'm curious how accurate and reliable
> this would be, since
> > people are constantly modifying their social graph.
>
> In the case of the id/screen_name thing, the data wouldn't change
> much. Ideally, there'd be a way of forcing an update from Twitter in
> the case of known/suspected stale data.  As to keeping up with the
> social graph, I think the current social graph methods are
> sufficient/wonderful for that.

Ah, okay - so it's not necessarily a grab of the social graph then, but
rather a user cache.  If that's what it is I have a similar-sized cache,
assuming Twitter were to start allowing this, I could make available as
well. I'd be really surprised if they started to allow this though.

Although there is still the problem of keeping the data up-to-date.  People
change their images, location, description, Tweets, number of
followers/friends, etc. quite often.  I think Twitter could provide a cache
of this data a lot faster than they could provide a way to easily force
updates on stale data.  It sure would be nice though - I wouldn't have to
make as many calls out to Twitter if they had a better way to get just the
user updates.

Jesse