Chad,
We have been discussing this over email privately. There is a way to
notify the author of a post with a message. I have personally been
handling a lot of requests in this manner, cutting down on rehashing.
There are a number of mods and we don't all know everything so
sometimes things get through.

If everyone can help out with educating the community, we would
appreciate it. When an issue comes up that is a rehash, I point the
person to the correct resource. I also remind (inform?) them of the
archives/search, issues list, and documentation.

We all started somewhere but since we're coders, we're smarter than
the average bear, right?   A lot of times, newcomers to the API simply
don't know our way of operating and just need to be given a quick
hand.

Thanks for your help.

Doug Williams
Twitter API Support