On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 04:19, Jas <emailf...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am interested in using OAuth for my twitter app but I have some
> questions:
>
> 1. When twitter authorizes the user and returns the access tokens I
> can store those tokens in my database for that user. Is it safe to say
> those tokens will never change unless they were to re-authorize
> themselves for my app?

Yes. The user might revoke the access tokens though.

> 2. How would a user login to my site? Would they follow the same
> process as sign-up, by going to the authorization URL and clicking
> 'allow' each time? Would my script have to check if the user is or not
> already in the database, and if they are then update the tokens?

Yes. If you you are using MySQL you can write a single statement [1] that
will insert or update if exiting. you can also roll your own authentication
method or use something like OpenID/Facebook Connect/RPXNow/etc.

[1] http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/insert-on-duplicate.html

--
Abraham Williams | Hacker | http://abrah.am
@poseurtech | http://the.hackerconundrum.com