Hi Doug,

On Apr 9, 4:14 am, Doug Williams <d...@twitter.com> wrote:

> Beginning late this week or early next week, application developers will no
> longer be able to request API source parameters. Instead, new source
> parameters will only be available for OAuth applications, and will be
> managed by the developer through the registration and management interface
> (http://twitter.com/oauth_clients).

This seems a little premature don't you think? The source parameter is
important for marketing applications as well as gauging popularity -
OAuth is both still in beta and unsupported by many clients/
applications.

I've just started developing a Twitter app using python-twitter that
is to run on Google AppEngine, but it will be some time after the next
release before we have OAuth support (and even then it's dependent on
a "major overhaul of the HTTP layer")[1].

Sam

1. http://code.google.com/p/python-twitter/issues/detail?id=37&q=oauth#c4