On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 7:15 AM, Madu7 <mw...@web.de> wrote:

> OK, thank you. Does the limit exist even if you are on the whitelist?
>
> But that's the general limit. I wonder if there's a limit per hour.
> For example: You are allowed to create 50 friendships per 60 minutes
> time period. If you reach the limit after 30 minutes, you have to wait
> for 30 minutes to create the next ones. Is there such a limit?

The new page Matt cited will tell you all the answers... great to have that
available!

100 API calls per hour (unless you are white-listed) is the constraint for
the situation you described, unless you hit the 2,000 limit and don't have
2,000 followers.  In that case, you have to wait no more than 1 hour to
execute the next successful API call.

If you are white-listed, the limit is 20,000 an hour, but that is moot for
most of us and 2,000 becomes the practical constraint.

If you aren't white-listed and have only one client hitting the API, it
should be easy to figure out when you'll be able to make requests again.
 With multiple clients contributing to the limit, I never could figure out a
way they could independently estimate when the limit would expire, but I
stopped trying when my app was white-listed.

Nick