On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 1:14 PM, Clodoaldo Pinto Neto <
clodoaldo.pi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Now the question: Is there a way to create different kinds of posts
> for a single user (the site's bot) that can be followed individually?
> Or must I create more than two thousand users?
>
> If this use is against any Twitter policy please excuse me as I have
> no experience with it.

I think you'll find that Twitter has said repeatedly that this is not an
appropriate reason to create lots of accounts, though they'll make
exceptions if there's a very good reason.

Seems to me that you might be able to accomplish your goal with hash tags,
but that means that the "followers" would not follow them in the usual way,
but would subscribe to a service that filtered by hash tag.

If hash tags are going to survive and prosper, it seems that clients would
do well to allow them to serve as filters (only show me tweets from user X
with tags [a, b, c] or never show me tweets from user X with tags [a, b,
d]).  That sort of thing.

Nick