Hi Matt,
     Thanks for such a quick response, I really appreciate the help. I
think the way I'm using vba (kicking myself for not actually starting
the project explicitly in .net/visual studio), my method won't allow
the last workaround used. If I can ask, in the URL that is submitted
to the REST API, I'm currently quering using my login and password in
the following format: "Http://username:passw...@twitter.....", is
there a way to include these as parameters later in the URL? After
taking your suggestion and using Charles, I can see that the account
details aren't being transferred wtih the rest of the URL to your API
and thought if there is another place your API accepts it, I could use
it as a workaround.

Any help you could provide would be great as I've become slightly
invested in the way I've created it so far and would hate to scrap
parts and redo it.

Thanks,

DuBose