Hi Dean,

This sounds like a reasonable request. Please file a feature request [1] so we don't forget about it.

Thanks;
 – Matt Sanford / @mzsanford
     Twitter Dev

[1] -
http://code.google.com/p/twitter-api/issues/entry?template=Feature%20Request

On Apr 24, 2009, at 8:56 PM, dean.j.robinson wrote:

So, if I've got two users "user_a" and "user_b" the method currently
works like this (from api wiki):

"Tests for the existence of friendship between two users. Will return
true if user_a follows user_b, otherwise will return false."

Now, if I also wanted to know if "user_b" follows "user_a" I currently
need to do an additional api call, it would be great if both could be
done with one call.

I'm looking at using this to determine, a. if you can send a DM to the
user you're trying to, and b. if that user is then going to be able to
reply.

Something like  http://twitter.com/friendships/mutual.format  taking
the same two params "user_a" and "user_b", and perhaps returning
something like:
<following>true</following>  (ie. user_a follows user_b)
<followedby>true</followedby>  (ie. user_b follows user_a)

also, it'd be nice if this post doesn't get deleted, without
explanation, like the last two I've posted. :)