After just finalizing our next event program, which will be focused on
web intelligence and co-hosted with the semtech09 conference in June,
it’s time to plan on the July event for our SIG. I’d like to do
something different this time, that is, to allow as many developers as
possible to showcase their projects of using NLP/semantics for cool
applications.

Since Twitter is the most popular topic these days and they are so
generously opening their data stream to third-party developers, I
think it will serve as the best theme for this developer-focused
event.  I’d like to invite all developers to submit proposal for
speaking on the event. Any project using NLP or semantic technology to
make use of twitter data/api is welcome, including personal projects
actively pursued by developers or entrepreneurs.  Of course, anyone
from big companies or startups is encouraged to share his or her
twitter app.  The only requirement is that you should be able to show
how your code works. This is similar to what people do on codecamp.

If you are doing some cool stuff with twitter data, please send me a
description of what you would like to talk about. Everyone gets only
10 min to present/demo/coding so that more projects can be
accommodated on the 2-hour event.

If twitter API team has someone available, we could get them to
introduce twitter API to kick off the event, which I’d like to call
“Hacking the semantics of twitter”.

This semantic web SIG event is scheduled for July 1st in palo alto,
CA.  For more information about the SIG, please visit SDForum.org
website.

Best,
-aj

--