I have noticed that this issue occurs for users that have friend/
follower sets greater than 1000.  For instance the three cases I
mentioned in my previous post all had friend/follower sets in the
thousands. There could be exceptions and maybe Dossy Shiobara has come
across cases where the sets were below a 1000, but for my application
the sets were >= 1000.  The users this happens to are pretty random
and there is no one specific user that consistantly has their XML
request truncated but I will let you know if I find any.

Hope this helps.

- Atif