From:
http://apiwiki.twitter.com/FAQ#HowdoIget%E2%80%9CfromMyApp%E2%80%9DappendedtoupdatessentfrommyAPIapplication

"We originally allowed applications to create a source parameter for
non-OAuth use but that has been discontinued. Applications pre-OAuth source
parameters will remain active, but new registrations are no longer
accepted."

TwitPic and other services setup their source parameters before it was
depreciated.

Jason Emerick

The information transmitted (including attachments) is covered by the
Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, is intended only
for the person(s) or entity/entities to which it is addressed and may
contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any review,
reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the
intended recipient(s) is prohibited.  If you received this in error, please