J,

We currently do this for the getecouraged feed (
http://twitter.com/getencouraged).  I wrote a custom script that runs on a
cron job that retweets replies to the getnecouraged feed every five minutes
using the twitter api (or more specifically, the twitter gem - the script is
written in ruby).

I don't know if that type of solution works for you or not.  I actually plan
on open sourcing the script (hopefully within the next couple days).  If
you're interested, I can let you know when it's available.

- Mark Mzyk