Nick,
We have a "chief scientist" in house who actually manages all of these
algorithms. It is his job to determine how to spot spam and sketchy users
(his words) through the data. I'm sure you can understand why we cannot
share this part of our secret sauce openly.

Also, if there are isolated incidents of spam or abuse that you want to
report, you can always send an @reply to @dougw and I can take care of them
on my own.

Cheers,
Doug