Any particular reason the blocks/exist function returns the
information for the user requested if the block exist and a hash error
response if not? I would think following the same kind of format as
the friendship exist function would make more sense; something like:
<blocking>true/false<blocking>

An error response should only be returned if the user name doesn't
exist. Just my 2 cents.