Bulk social graph operations sound quite spammy. Enabling such
functionality would be counter-productive. Perhaps there's a better
way to legitimately provide the same functionality?

If you need a stream of updates from a large dynamic group of users,
consider the /birddog resource in the Streaming API, or, consider
searching for a hashtag in the Search API.

-John Kalucki
Services, Twitter Inc.