Hi there,

If you're using the OAuth gem it is automatically sending oauth_callback with a value of "oob", which tells twitter to use the PIN style. By passing the oauth_callback in you can override that default. An issue [1] has been files with the gem author.

Thanks;
 – Matt Sanford / @mzsanford
     Twitter Dev

[1] - http://github.com/mojodna/oauth/issues#issue/7