I'm wanting to do a friend selector that looks something like the
selector on Facebook, where the user sees a list of their followers'
names and icons, and can select some of them. Right now the only way I
can think of is first getting all IDs of followers from "/followers/
ids", and then calling "/users/show.json?user_id=" for each. Seems
expensive and slow.

What's the right way to do this? I see some apps have follower
selectors, but I don't know if they screen scrape "http://twitter.com/
followers/1401881", or do as I just described and simply not work for
people with too many followers.

My dream API method would allow sorting by name or follower count,
something like this:

Query: "/followers/list.json?sort=follower_count&page=1&per_page=1000"
Response:
[
 { 'id' : 12345, 'icon' : 'http://...something....jpg', 'username' :
'a' },
 { 'id' : 67890, 'icon' : 'http://...something....jpg', 'username' :
'b' },
]

Since many users will probably have thousands of followers, I thought
I could ease the