I think usernames are a max of 20 characters, up from 15 a few months back.

-Joel

From: twitter-development-talk@googlegroups.com
[mailto:twitter-development-t...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of JDG
Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 4:43 PM
To: twitter-development-talk@googlegroups.com
Subject: [twitter-dev] Re: @username matches and hash tags

i would imagine that for hashtags it's 139 characters. Can't speak to usernames
though.

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 17:39, Scott Haneda <talkli...@newgeo.com> wrote:

Awesome, thanks.  I found I had to use a "B", so this works form me:
\B@([A-Za-z0-9_]+)

Word boundary is indeed very handy, works perfect, and the hash tag one works
close enough.

I know there are limits on length, what are they for both hash tags and
@usersnames?