I do not feel you've made a mountain out of a mole hill here.  This
topic has been on my mind since I first encountered oAuth.  I haven't
seen any open source apps use oAuth yet.

We have an open source application called Application X.  The
potential risk is that Application X becomes widely adopted, thus
having a higher risk of being impersonated.  For instance, malware
could then use the tokens from Application X to obtain authorization
from Twitter.  This would require the user to authorize the
impersonator via Twitter since it is likely a new session token would
be generated.  Potentially the user would likely trust this
impersonator and not think twice about authorizing it because they
will see "Application X" on Twitter.com.  Once they click allow the
impersonator has control of their account.  Even if the malware
doesn't spread quickly it would possibly be harder to track since it
would appear to be communications from Application X.

I am not one to cry fowl over an issue like this, just merely throwing
this out here as an idea.  Anyone else have any ideas how to secure
open source oAuth apps?