I had a similar question last night and found this thread that offered
some insight into the most efficient way to do something like this.
Here is the thread that discusses the best approach to get details on
all of the friends or followers of a user:

http://groups.google.com/group/twitter-development-talk/browse_thread/thread/8e255670186b52b3/54602c14899f42ff?lnk=gst&q=list+friends#