Personally I've found JavaScript based auth systems like Facebook Connect
and Google Friend Connect to be very difficult to debug and use. I am also a
lot more comfortable with PHP then JS.

As far as UX. Sign in with Twitter has the same flow as FBC and GFC. Click a
link on your site, jump to provider to authorize, and return to consumer.

Abraham

--
Abraham Williams | Community Evangelist | http://web608.org
Hacker | http://abrah.am | http://twitter.com/abraham