The DDoS continues. Your stream could dry up due to any number of
network components hitting saturation. Upstream, created tweets could
go to zero if users can't get in to update their status. Downstream,
there are many causes of congestion and/or failure that could cause
your stream to become quite slow and or stop.

Please feel free to disconnect and reconnect if the stream appears too
slow. I've eased the anti-abuse system, and I'll ease it more if
needed to allow clients to ride this out.

-John Kalucki
http://twitter.com/jkalucki
Services, Twitter Inc.