You can't do it from your PHP backend because your server does not have the
open session with Twitter as the user. I think you are going to have to make
it using JavaScript and a callback method.

Abraham

--
Abraham Williams | Community Evangelist | http://web608.org
Hacker | http://abrah.am | http://twitter.com/abraham